Got any good free video editing software? Plus: Funny tagalog translations of English film titles | PIN(K)OY

Labels

1.3.09

Got any good free video editing software? Plus: Funny tagalog translations of English film titles

Hey it's March! Well, so much for the love month. Would you believe I've made a total of seven (7!) posts last month! It's not really much, but for me it's quite a record high considering how erratic my schedule is in updating this blog (just like my life lol).

I was meaning to post something about Brent (Subic) School's International Food Festival held last night (Feb. 28, Saturday). I got loads of footages of the occasion, plus of course, a clip of my daughter singing (again) in the talent show. I haven't gotten around to edit the clips yet since I'm still looking around the net for a good video editing software for Mpeg4 (for free, of course).


I tried Video Spin once (really a good software) when I edited my Sinulog 2009 vids, but then my 15 day trial period has already expired. So now I'm downloading VirtualDub which, according to its developer, is a free software. Hmm...

In the meantime though and since pinkoy readers are waiting for something new here, I'm going to go for another of my funny translations.

FUNNY TAGALOG TRANSLATIONS OF ENGLISH FILM TITLES:
Black Hawk Down - Ibong maitim sa ibaba
Dead Man's Chest - dodo ng patay
I Know What You Did Last Summer - uyy... aminin!
Love, Actually - sa totoo lang, pag-ibig
Million Dollar Baby - 50 million pisong sanggol (it depends on the exchange rate of the country)
The Blair Witch Project - ang proyekto ng bruhang si Blair
Mary Poppins - si Mariang may putok
Snakes on a Plane - nag-ahasan sa ere
The Postman Always Rings Twice - ang kartero kapag dumutdot laging dalawang beses
Sum of all Fears - takot mo, takot ko, takot nating lahat
Swordfish - talakitok
Pretty Woman - ganda ng lola mo
Robin Hood, Men in Tights - si Robin Hood at ang mga felix bakat
4 weddings & a Funeral - kahit 4 na beses ka pang magpakasal, mamamatay ka rin
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - ako, ikaw, kayong lahat
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - adik si Harry, tumira ng shabu
Click - isang pindot ka lang
Brokeback Mountain - may nawasak sa likod ng bundok ng tralala /bumigay sa bundok
Day of the Dead - ayaw tumayo (ng mga patay)
Waterworld - basang-basa
There's Something About Mary - may kwan sa ano ni Maria
Employee of the Month - ang sipsip
Resident Evil - ang biyenan
Kill Bill - kilitiin sa bilbil
The Grudge - lintik lang ang walang ganti
A Nightmare Before Christmas - binangungot sa noche buena
Never Been Kissed - pangit kasi
Gone in 60 Seconds - 1 round, tulog
The Fast and the Furious - ang bitin, galit
Too Fast, Too Furious - kapag sobrang bitin, sobrang galit
Dude, Where's My Car - dong, anong level ulit tayo nag-park?
Beauty and the Beast - si ako at ikaw
The Lord of the Rings - ang alahero
Resident Evil - Ang Biyenan...love it lol!

6 comments:

Ron Centeno said...

Hahahaha! Hay naku RhonB, it's always refreshing to read your posts, masyado kaseng serioso topics ko.

We Filipino's have that wonderful talent tp translate the english language word for word, which makes it hilarious.

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

Hahahaha! Okay ka rin RhonB! At tamang-tama ka sa Employee of the Month! Hahahaha! Why naman "Ang Biyenan"? Hahahaha! More!

Violet Manila said...

kakatawa! ^_^

RhonB895 said...

Salamat! I'm so glad you guys loved it! Balik balik lang ha :)

rObrak said...

haha nice translation!

Anonymous said...

natawa ako dun sa resident evil. the best! you really made me laugh.