A friend named Goddy | PIN(K)OY

Labels

12.4.09

A friend named Goddy

Just got back from Manila where I spent a very quiet holy week with my family. And as you may have noticed, I also took a short hiatus from Pinkoy since I decided to sort of abstain (even for just a little while) from updating this blog as my way of observing the lenten season (Oh, the suffering from not seeing that kitty up there...not even a peek!).

So when I finally came back, lo and behold...I got an Easter surprise from Goddy. But before I do the work required by the Neno Award, let me at least talk about this friend of mine named Goddy.


I first encountered Goddy when he visited my Subic Bay blog and became one of its first followers. I reciprocated and visited his blog, and well, let's just say that after that first visit, I instantly became hooked. His writings exude honesty, not to mention his gift for words. Reading his profile...he says:

"I believe I belong to the creative arts. I love music, I compose verses, and I sketch a little. Too, I have a penchant for writing. I am maverick, outspoken, and too good to be true. I cannot sing and dance the way others do, but I love to listen to their songs and to watch them dance. I have not outgrown my love for music. I consider VINCENT BUENO my rescuer... my hero! My extra-ordinary fondness for him and love for his passionate singing and graceful dancing as well as the pride in myself that I automatically gained (being a Filipino) upon the world's recognition of his great talents, liberated me from the fears and anxieties that had possessed and enslaved me for decades."

A profile so honest that it almost made me cry!

Then one day while I was working at the radio station, I got a call from...Goddy! Couldn't believe it at first but it turned out we both work for the same agency. We shared some tips on blogging and well, we just had a fun chat. But most of all, talking to him was a very humbling experience for me. And believe me, that Vincent Bueno?...he was definitely his rescuer.

After sometime I got another call from him and this time we sort of had a three-way conference with Czel of Vanity's Child fame, another colleague who has come a long way with her very popular blog. I'm just so thrilled that I got to personally hook up with these lovely people who I now consider good blogger friends.

To a friend named Goddy...thanks man! You're an exceptional person and I believe your stories will inspire a lot of people. And congrats to your blog for reaping all those awards and sharing them with me. It's truly an honor.

4 comments:

Czel said...

i received a call from kuya goddy and told me that i SHOULD visit your blog, as in NOW NA. I was clueless but i can feel his happiness so i'm here again today.... (btw, i first learned about your Pin(k)oy blog thru him)=)

wow! thank you! i am greatly honored not just for being included in this blog post, but for the friendship i have with you and kuya gau! ititreat daw tayo ni kuya gau kapag nakapag withdraw na sya ng adsense earnings nya (isama na rin natin si ron centeno!) thank you!

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

Thanks, RhonB, for "featuring" myself and for "promoting" my blog on your site! It's so nice to read kind words meant for me from someone who, being the awardee, is supposed to receive those heartwarming remarks.

Frankly, I am used to receiving insults and very degrading and inhuman remarks such that when I got the chance to read your post, I found your words so soothing to my nerves! They were like medicines that can heal a severely-damaged self-image.

Thank you again, RhonB! YOU'RE WONDERFUL!

RhonB895 said...

Ey guys! You're most welcome! I just wanted to write something about our first encounter and how we ended up as friends through blogging. Lalo na si Goddy because I was so fascinated with his story and how blogging changed his life.

Now that I'm not really that busy anymore siguro may time na ako to keep tabs with you guys.

Kitakits soon! :)

花生豆花Alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.