Sights and Sounds: Sinulog 2009 | PIN(K)OY

Labels

25.1.09

Sights and Sounds: Sinulog 2009

Pinkoy was there! Taking a serious break from all the freakin' things that are happening in my workplace, I took my sister's advice (and offer of a free vacation) of going with them to Cebu and experience the Sinulog Festival.

We stayed at this breathtakingly beautiful resort called Plantation Bay in Mactan Island. We were part of this tour (courtesy of Plantation Bay) that brought us to the festival in Cebu City. My sister's best friend Marcy, however, have VIP passes to watch the entire festival competition at the city's track and field stadium.



So, the tour bus left for the resort without me, my sister Nilda, and Marcy, and walked all the way to the stadium while enjoying the street dances. Parang sampung kilometro ata ang nalakad namin. Grabe sa dami ng tao...nakakahilo! While walking, I was trying to get a photo of this chopper doing fly-by situationers. Why, I just can't believe Y101, an FM station in Cebu, has its own helicopter! I'm pretty sure its theirs because the station's call letters are painted right there at the belly of the chopper. I cringe while thinking about how miserable our radio station is in Subic Bay compared to THAT!

Anyway, we finally reached the stadium. My sister's husband, John was staying at the strategic photographer's area as he was part of this festival photo-video contest. The costumes are so colorful...the performances great!

And yes, I've got photos and video of the Sinulog festivities for you Pinkoy readers. Enjoy!



1st row: The higantes (giants) of Sinulog
2nd row: Street dances of contingent participants highlight colorful costumes and props.
3rd row: Competition dance off on stage (1st & 2nd photo); festivities rock on 'til the wee hours.

SINULOG STREETDANCE PARADE, CEBU CITY, 01-18-09


(Whew, It took me forever to edit and upload that video! Well, it took me forever to write this post anyway, go figure. It's better late than never, so they say. That done and vacation now over, I need to get my head off the clouds now and face whatever it is I have to do at work.)

No comments: