Sights and Sounds of New Year Celebration 09 in Subic Bay | PIN(K)OY

Labels

2.1.09

Sights and Sounds of New Year Celebration 09 in Subic Bay

Bye Bye 2008, Hello 2009!

I was thinking of making a review of the year that was but I figured everybody has been doing that lately so, I'd just leave that to those who are really up to it.

Ever since my family moved here to Subic, it has become a tradition for my immediate clan to spend the new year here and as far away from the dangers of Manila's take of what always appears to be a warzone.


I happened to watch the pre-midnight local news on tv and already a lot of people, most of them sadly, kids, have already blown their hands (and other body parts) to bits due to unsafe handling of firecrackers. Other unlucky souls have become victims of indiscriminate gun firing and didn't live to see the rest of the first day of 2009. But it's always like that every year in Manila...tsk tsk...these people never learn.

Anyway, today's already the 2nd day of 2009 and I finally found time to update Pinkoy (at 5 in the morning!). Though my new year post can be seen in my other site, well, its more of the sights and sounds of Subic Bay's new year celebration.

Check it out here.

HAPPY 2009!

No comments: